The following PDF, written by European Small Hydropower Association (ESHA), summarizes the main aspects of small hydropower sites’ development.
A guide on how to develop a small hydropower site – contents
The guide contains the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Fundamentals of Hydraulic Engineering
- Chapter 3: Evaluating Stream Flow
- Chapter 4: Site Evaluation Methodologies
- Chapter 5: Hydraulic Structures
- Chapter 6: Electromechanical Equipment
- Chapter 7: Environmental Impact and its Mitigation
- Chapter 8: Economic Analysis
- Chapter 9: Administrative Procedures
The file was found at ESHA’s site (note: the site seems that it is no longer updated). In the file below, I have just added some bookmarks (for the main chapters). The guide is highly recommended to all engineers.
The zip file contains the guide in PDF format.