- Open your AutoCAD.
- In command line write VBAMAN.
- Press the Load button in the menu that will appear.
- At the browser find the file Lines Length.dvb.
- Choose the Enable Macros button and then press the Close button.
- Go to Tools > Macros or press ALT + F8.
- At the macros menu, press the Run button. A form will appear (see figure above).
- In the form press the Select Lines button and then select some lines from a drawing. After exiting the selection mode the selected layers will be reported on the left list box and the unique ones on the right list box.
- If you press the Create Excel Spreadsheet button a new spreadsheet will be created containing the name of unique layers and their corresponding total lines length (see figure below).
Download it from here