- Open your AutoCAD.
- In command line write VBAMAN.
- Press the Load button in the menu that will appear.
- At the browser find the file Lines Length.dvb.
- Choose the Enable Macros button and then press the Close button.
- Go to Tools > Macros or press ALT + F8.
- At the macros menu, press the Run button. A form will appear (see figure above).
- In the form press the Select Lines button and then select some lines from a drawing. After exiting the selection mode the selected layers will be reported on the left list box and the unique ones on the right list box.
If you press the Create Excel Spreadsheet button a new spreadsheet will be created containing the name of unique layers and their corresponding total lines length (see figure below).
Download it from here